RADIATION PROTECTION ADVICE
We work in conjunction with Stephen Green and Associates Ltd to provide radiation protection and medical physics advice for our clients.
Stephen Green and Associates Ltd are a group of independent, fully certified Radiation Protection Advisers (RPA) and Medical Physics Experts (MPE) able to offer you bespoke advice to support you in achieving full compliance with the legislation required for your field of work.
Stephen Green and Associates Ltd regularly provide radiation protection supervisors courses for those working with either x-rays or open and closed sources, and Dental CPD training.
RPA and MPE are able to advise and assist with:
- Prior examination of plans for the installation and acceptance into service of new or modified x-ray equipment
- Registration to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Prior Risk Assessment.
- Engineering controls, design features, safety features, and warning devices
- Critical examinations, acceptance and commissioning testing
- Restriction of exposure – keeping doses As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) and assessing patient reference levels
- Requirements for Controlled and Supervised areas
- Local Rules and Radiation Protection Files
- Contingency plans
- Radiation Protection Supervisors
- Information, instruction and training for relevant staff
- Regular testing to ensure that all types of x-ray equipment (including CT and Dental CBCT) is operating within acceptable performance parameters (eg diagnostic reference levels, operating potential, x-ray output, timer accuracy).
- Incident investigations